Yup, the site went down for a week. The effects of which were catastrophic. For instance, the last three months of Monday Links were suddenly removed from the internet and nobody even seems to be able to remember them. A very strange occurrence that’s in no way an unfunny excuse for my laziness.
Anyway, while I was busy watching a 274+ episode anime, the other Sonic Retro staff launched a new front page. I also watched an anime about cute girls making anime. So in short, we all made some progress.
I need to stop doing these with only three hours of sleep.
- Barry and David will be hosting a panel at Too Many Games about Sonic X-Treme [It’ll be on June 27th at 4:50pm in Oaks, PA]
- A new version of the Sonic X-Treme level editor was released [It being called SonicBoom is still weird]
- P3DR0 has revealed his new fangame SONIC INFINITY which is set in the world of the Sonic OVA [The game’s name is in all caps so it must be good]
- MainMemory made a whole bunch of scrolling Sonic background screensavers, and is still making more [Obviously still needs Splash Hill Zone]
- The Sonic 2 HD team put up a timelapse video of the Chemical Plant boss battle being coded [Done by mashing random keys on the keyboard really fast]
- Nintendo announced another one of those Mario & Sonic cross-over games where beloved(?) characters from both franchises do stuff in the Olympics [It’ll probably have good music so there’s your reason to care]
- It turns out that the other new Sonic game that releases this year is Yoshi’s Woolly World, in which you can unlock a Sonic skin with the Sonic amiibo [Not to be confused with the Mega Man skin]
- We haven’t heard of the big new Sonic game this year yet (or if there is one at all), so of course rumours have started popping up. The most credible one being Sonic Mach 2, which is probably a working title. Might just be nothing like a small spin-off game, but we’ll see I guess [Also fans annoying Iizuka by asking him about it]
- Capcom shocks the world by showing that they haven’t forgotten about Mega Man, and is putting out a collection with the first six games [It’s called the Mega Man Legacy Collection]
- Oh, and there’s going to be a new Mega Man animated series in 2017. Maybe Capcom’s planning a revival? [I sure hope so at least]
- Bethesda did the unthinkable: they announced a sequel to a franchise that sells well [Fallout 4]
Video of the Week
I am amused by your witty synopsis, good sir.
To be honest I thought the video of the week was going to be another TripleQ mashup.
I love the way the new website looks. Great job guys!