So last week I promised that I’d put up my impressions of the Sonic Lost World demo at Gamescom. Two problems presented itself, the first one being that there were a lot more people at Gamescom than anticipated. (Pictured right) So many more that it was hard to even walk past some the booths. So I left after two hours of literally squirming through the crowds. The other problem was that the demo available to the public there was the same demo previously playable at Summer of Sonic and Sonic Boom, of which we already have impressions up right here. The demo shown off last week was only playable on the press day.
So basically, the highly anticipated Gamescom demo impressions write-up has been cancelled. To make up for it, here are Monday Links done on an actual Monday again:
- The results of the Sonic Hacking Contest 2013 were unveiled [Results]
- Guess Who made a video review of A Hedgehog Dash for iOS [The Retro Review]
- As if Marble Zone wasn’t an annoying zone already, TheInvisibleSun made a hack in which the first two acts take place underwater [Retro Forums]
- Our good friends at SEGAbits have put up a new episode of the Swingin’ Report Show for you to listen to [SEGAbits]
- Lots of Sonic Lost World stuff was shown this week, first up a new trailer and a walkthrough video [Sonic Retro]
- Second, the Deadly Six edition was revealed, which will feature an extra level with bosses from NiGHTS Into Dreams [Sonic Retro again]
- Third, new screenshots show off what the Miiverse functions and overworld look like [SEGAbits]
- A new Yakuza spin-off game was revealed, you can look screenshots and complain about how it probably won’t be localized [Yakuza: Ishin]
- The Creative Assembly did an unboxing of their impressive Total War: Rome II Collector’s Edition while being attacked by dogs [Sadly not included]
- Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F pre-orders are doing surprisingly well, so well that Gamestop is no longer taking them [Pizza sadly not included either]
- Football Manager Classic 2014 is coming to the Playstation Vita [Playstation Blog]
- The Playstation 4 is releasing November 15th in the US, November 29th in Europe [Eurogamer]
- Two guys are making an impressive homebrew Portal fan-game for the Nintendo DS [Joystiq]
- More than 340,000 people went to Gamescom this year, obviously it’s more fun with more people right? [Joystiq]
Video of the Week
If enough pre-orders of Hatsune Miku are met, Ruby Eclipse will upload a video of himself singing along to a song from the game.
If they got Ken to say thank you in Spanish to people for getting multiple copies of Sonic 4, then damn it, we’ll get Aaron to sing in Japanese.
Such a touching video.
Speaking of the contest results… and InvisibleSun’s hack… we also did a hacking contest awards video.