Update: We asked Sega community manager Kellie Parker to clarify on the release date, she has confirmed the date is currently set for Holiday 2013 as Gonintendo’s article is incorrect. In addition, Sega has released a trailer for the Nintendo 3DS version which can be seen here.
Sega has brought the E3 asset dump truck to bring you more information on Sonic Lost World including a release date set for
October 13th. In addition, you get to know the names of the Deadly Six: Zavok, Zazz, Zeena, Zik, Zomom and Zor.
When the Deadly Six threaten to destroy his world, Sonic’s new moves and power-ups are the only way to defeat them before it’s too late!
In his latest plot to defeat Sonic and rule the world, Dr. Eggman has harnessed the power of six menacing creatures known as the Deadly Six. However, when the Deadly Six rise up against their new master, Sonic must unite with his arch nemesis Eggman and explore the mystical Lost Hex in order to take them on head-to-head. Use Sonic’s amazing new moves and incredible Color Powers to speed across a variety of unique terrains, racing inside, outside and upside down in every level.
- Sonic moves like never before. Vault over obstacles, free run up and along walls, and sky dive between islands at lightning speed. Plus the Spin Dash is back!
- Execute new and improved Color Powers. Sonic can now fly through the air, tear up levels and explode into enemies. He’s more powerful than ever!
- Speed through a variety of exhilarating levels. Explore massive mind-bending courses, vast underground tunnels and colossal structures in the sky as you run inside, outside and upside down.
- Save the world one fight at a time. Take on each of the devious Deadly Six in dynamic boss battles which test all of Sonic’s moves and power-ups.
- Race friends in high speed multiplayer races. Take them down across a range of ultra-competitive levels and modes – it’s the ultimate supersonic showdown!
Wii U Exclusive Features
- Wield the Wii U™ GamePad to execute exclusive Color Powers – tilt, touch, aim and more.
- Someone wants to watch TV? No problem! Play the full game using only the GamePad screen.
- Share and charge up items by sending them into the Miiverse™ to share with players around the world.
- Play together. Have a friend pilot radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic by destroying enemies and obstacles.
- Race against a friend as you play on the GamePad screen and they play on the TV.
3DS Exclusive Features
- The first handheld Sonic game ever to feature fully realized Nintendo 3D levels.
- Unleash Color Powers exclusive to the Nintendo 3DS version.
- Exclusive Special Stages! Tilt using the Motion Sensor to navigate hair-raising levels and obtain the elusive Chaos Emeralds.
- Create and customize radio controlled gadgets to help Sonic.
- Race against friends locally through ad-hoc and online through network play.
PLUS: Share your gadgets between the Wii U and Nintendo 3DS versions.
You’ll find the rest of the E3 assets after the jump including the trailer.
[Source: Nintendo Press, Gonintendo]