[The following article was written by site member GerbilSoft]
It’s that time again: GerbilSoft gives away new Sonic games! This time, it’s Sonic Boom for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
The rules are simple. Send an email to me, GerbilSoft, with answers to the four questions listed below (and optionally the fifth question). If you answer all four questions correctly, you qualify for a chance to win one of these two games:
- Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (Wii U)
- Sonic Boom: Shattered Crystal (Nintendo 3DS)
Two winners will be selected; the odds of winning depend on the number of correct entries.
- Participants will send their answers to the four questions below (plus optional fifth question) to [email protected], with subject: “Sonic Retro’s Sonic Boom Giveaway”. Entries must be sent by2014/11/06 11:59 PM EST (2014/11/07 04:59 AM UTC). (DON’T POST YOUR ANSWERS IN THE COMMENTS!)
- The giveaway is open to all legal residents (13 years of age or older) of the United States, Canada (except Quebec), United Kingdom, and Australia (except ACT). Other countries may be eligible; check your local regulations.
- Only one entry per person; make sure your answers are correct before you send your email!
- Sonic Retro, Sega Retro, and SEGAbits staff are not eligible to participate.
- Two winners will be randomly selected from all entries that have the correct answers for the 4 main trivia questions. If no one got all four correct, then two will be selected for 3 out of 4, etc. If no one got any answers right, then you all suck and the contest will start over with new questions.
- Winners will be announced within two days after the contest closes, and they will be contacted with regards to what game they would like to receive.
- Prizes will be new games delivered to the winners using Amazon.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to some issues with the Sonic Lost World contest, I will be disqualifying anyone who:
- Attempts to submit multiple entries in order to skew the odds in their favor. (This is only for users who maliciously send tons of entries; accidentally sending one or two duplicate emails will not be a problem.)
- Complains about the choice of platform(s) and/or game(s) for this giveaway.
THE TRIVIA QUESTIONS:
If you want to win GerbilSoft’s Sonic Games, you just have to answer these four trivia questions. (The fifth one is a bonus question that won’t count for anything but bragging rights.) Send your answers to [email protected], with subject: “Sonic Retro’s Sonic Boom Giveaway”. (Confirmation emails won’t be sent; if you want a confirmation, enable the “Return Receipt” flag in your email client.) Entries must be received by 2014/11/06 11:59 PM EST (2014/11/07 04:59 AM UTC).
- When Sonic Adventure 2 was ported to GameCube, one of the options on the main menu was removed. Which option was this?
- What two Game Gear Sonic games were not released on cartridge outside of Japan?
- What assembly language do you need to know to hack the Sonic Advance series?
- Shadow the Hedgehog (the game) has branching story paths. What is the total number of possible paths throughout the storyline?
Optional bonus question for bragging rights:
- What C++ library used in recent Sonic games has the same name as one of Sonic’s signature moves?