Check out the archive of the livestream available now! We take a look back at Summer of Sonic 2016 and talk more on Sonic Mania! I’m joined with Retro staff Overlord, Cinossu, Orengefox and Jen along with Becky(JennyTablina), Neowl and TrackerTD.
Tune in today for talk on Summer of Sonic, more Sonic Mania and more with Sonic Retro, SEGAbits and guests!
Okay so the SEGAbits gods thought that no longer linking SEGAbits and general SEGA stuff in Monday Links wasn’t such a great idea. But you know what’s a good idea? Still not linking them on Monday Links and instead doing a separate feature with just SEGA stuff and without the Sonic. So here’s a new feature that’s a recap of SEGAbits and SEGA stuff.
Featured SEGAbits Article of the Week
- This week’s Swingin’ Report Show has an interview with Greg Johnson, the co-creator of ToeJam & Earl who right now is doing a Kickstarter so he can make a new sequel [Cool details about stuff that happened to the development of the other ToeJam & Earl sequels included]
- This month we take a look at the stuff Team Andromeda did [You know, those people who made Panzer Dragoon]
- SEGA Tunes: Panzer Dragoon’s OST is a beautiful masterpiece [Just listen to these tunes]
- Nope, SEGA’s not leaving the console marker [Don’t trust articles by writers who didn’t pay enough attention, kids]
- 2-Man Scramble put the dynamic duo to the test in Batman Forever: The Arcade Game for the SEGA Saturn [Yes, Jim Carrey Riddler is in the game]
- Unboxing a brand new SEGA Menacer from 1992 [Unboxings are cool when they’re of old SEGA stuff, right?]
- Game Freak (Pokémon, Pulseman) and SEGA are working together on a new game that’ll be revealed this Wednesday [Please don’t be mobile-only please don’t be mobile-only]
- Valkyria Chronicles sold over 200,000 copies on Steam last year [This means we’ll get more PC ports, right? Right?]
- Yakuza Zero has a pretty sweet soundtrack filled with Japanese 80’s songs [Possible contender for best game soundtrack of the year?]
- Turns out Alien: Isolation was going to be a third person game at some point [Here’s some footage of when it was that]
- It looks like 3D OutRun will be released on March 12th [More OutRun is never a bad thing]
- This Persona 4: Dancing All Night trailer shows off the new character Kanami Mashita [Awkward fanservice included]
On this week’s SEGAbits Swingin’ Report Show podcast, we’re joined by Stealth, who worked on the official recent remasterings of Sonic The Hedgehog CD, Sonic The Hedgehog, and Sonic The Hedgehog 2 alongside fellow developer The Taxman.
Stealth talks to us about how the remasters began development, the process of remaking classic Sonic titles, the much talked about the remastered Sonic The Hedgehog 3 proof of concept, and what fans can do to try and make Sonic 3 remastered a reality. Also featured is discussion of Sonic The Hedgehog 4 and the recent decisions SEGA has made with the franchise. If you love classic Sonic games and behind-the-scenes stories of game development, this is the show for you!
Also, Barry and George discuss the recently revealed ToeJam & Earl: Back in the Groove Kickstarter by Greg Johnson (who will be joining us next week) and Sonic Team’s mobile release Sonic Runners, which soft launched yesterday.
Support the Sonic 3 Remastered campaign: http://sonic3remastered.com/
[Download] [RSS] [iTunes] [Archive]