SAGE makes its triumphant return on…
September 30th – October 7th!
For the uninitiated, there’s a whole dang page on the Sonic Retro Wiki with SAGE’s history here! Hit the jump for more information, including this year’s submission guidelines! Make sure to give them a thorough read, as a lot has changed this year!
Why should I submit my work to SAGE?
SAGE is an online event specifically made for you to showcase your game-making and/or streaming talents! Make new acquaintances or friends, and to take part in a very creative side of the Sonic and indie gaming community! SAGE submissions are not exclusive to only Sonic the Hedgehog related content. If you have a project to show, submit it!
Game entries must be submitted to [email protected].
- Each game entry must have a title/logo to display for it’s respective game, PNG format, at least 500 x 500.
- All game entries must be submitted by September 23rd. If your game will not be finished before that time, it will not be featured in the event.
- ROM Hacks are allowed, given they significantly change something about the games they are based on.
- Personal web pages that link outside of SAGE, aka ”booths,” are returning this year! Please ensure your booth has at least a description of what your game submission is all about, along with a zip file containing your game. Feel free to include any links to soundtracks, websites, game credits, or miscellaneous information about your entry.
- When submitting your game, please do not send us your game as a submission. We just need a direct link to the page/site you will be using.
- Booths do not need to be complex and can be created by any means possible. Feel free to use your own personal server or a free website creator/host, such as wix.com!
- You are responsible for your booth, including hosting and maintenance. If your booth does not contain your game or does not load properly, it will be removed from the games page until it is fixed.
- Your submission must be a complete demonstration or full release of your game project.
- If you have multiple game projects to submit, please follow the submission guidelines for each project.
- Engines are welcome but must follow the same guidelines as stated above.
- PLEASE NOTE: In respect to both SEGA and the Mania team, during SAGE 2017, we will not be accepting games using OR replicating Sonic Mania assets, including sprites, graphics, music, and sound. No exceptions, your game will not be accepted if you violate this rule.
- To reserve your time for streaming, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- You MUST have prior streaming experience. If you cannot present a stable stream, you will be taken off-air, and your time slot will be turned into free time.
- Each stream entry must have the following:
- A title or logo to display for your show, PNG format, at least 500 x 500.
- The name of your stream.
- The time at which you would like to broadcast your stream.
- What content your stream will involve.
- A link to your current stream page.
- Your stream will be broadcast via SAGETube through a direct link.
- Stream times are first come, first served and decided by SAGE staff. Should the slot you request conflict with a pre-established stream, we will contact you to work out the best possible alternative time.
- Streams will be limited to 2 hours per streamer, unless dictated otherwise by SAGE staff.
- Free-time streams and unscheduled streams are at the discretion of the SAGE staff. If no one is streaming, SAGETube will be running different videos related to Sonic and fan gaming at large.
- We will do our best to work with and around everyone’s schedules. Keep in mind we will have plans in the beginning and end of SAGE, but the rest of the slots will go quick. Make sure to get your submission in as soon as possible!
We’ve got way more to announce in the coming weeks, so make sure to keep an eye out, and we’ll see you in September!