After a long hiatus, SAGE is finally ready to make it’s triumphant return! This year’s SAGE will be held from October 15th through October 22nd, 2016. For more information regarding submissions, the deadline, and more, hit the jump below.
What is SAGE?
We’ve got a whole dang page on the Wiki with SAGE’s history here!
Why should I submit my work to SAGE?
SAGE is an online event specifically made for you to showcase your game-making and/or streaming talents! Make new acquaintances or friends, and to take part in a very creative side of the Sonic and indie gaming community! SAGE submissions are not exclusive to only Sonic the Hedgehog related content. If you have a project to show, submit it!
- Game entries must be submitted to [email protected].
- Each game entry must have the following:
- A title/logo to display for it’s respective game, PNG format, at least 500 x 500.
- A description of what your game submission is all about, including any links to soundtracks, websites, game credits, or miscellaneous information about your entry.
- A zip file containing your game.
- All game entries must be submitted by October 7th. If your game will not be finished before that time, it will not be featured in the event.
- ROM Hacks are allowed, given they significantly change something about the games they are based on.
- Personal webpages that link outside of SAGE, or”booths,” are not a part of this year’s event. However, each game will have it’s own “booth” on the main SAGE website.
- Your submission must be a complete demonstration or full release of your game project.
- If you have multiple game projects to submit, please follow the submission guidelines for each project.
- If you have an engine to demonstrate, it will be put under a different category differing from regular game submissions. Engines must follow the same guidelines as stated above.
- To reserve your time for streaming, please send an e-mail to [email protected]
- You MUST have prior streaming experience. If you can not present a stable stream, you will be taken off-air, and your time slot will be turned into free time.
- Each stream entry must have the following:
- A title or logo to display for your show, PNG format, at least 500 x 500.
- The name of your stream.
- The time at which you would like to broadcast your stream.
- What content your stream will involve.
- A link to your current stream page.
- Your stream will be mirrored via the main SAGE stream.
- Stream times are first come, first served.
- Streams will be limited to 2 hours per streamer.
- Free-time streams and unscheduled streams are at the discretion of the SAGE staff.
- We will do our best to work with and around everyone’s schedules. Keep in mind we will have plans in the beginning and end of SAGE, but the rest of the slots will go quick. Make sure to get your submission in as soon as possible!
To anyone who remembers Sonic Boom and the Smash Crew from the RAGE earlier this year, great, the dev of that game here 😛 planning on doing a full release at this SAGE with new characters, remade stages (making them more consistant graphical-style wise) with abunch of new stages too, and a challenge and arcade modes! Also game controller support, mainly for 360 controllers but it seems like anything alike those also work. Expect more loud annoying yelling from the characters.
Man, i want to make my own games and if i had the choice to make a fan game of my choice it’d be with a Sonic or Mario game, or maybe even a game using my OCs (oh so original and such a good idea :p) . But seriously. Once I get the know how and the applications, and equipment; I’m gonna submit a fan game to SAGE. It’s gonna be awesome.
After playing gmaes like Spark the Jester, and Freedom Planet and looking at “before the sequel” and “after the sequel” and “Chrono Adventure” I feel super inspired.
Good luck to everyone is all I can say.
Possibly a stupid question, but should participants from the delayed SAGE 2015 event (originally from December 18-24, https://www.sonicretro.org/?s=Sonic+Amateur+Games , but now in October) resubmit their entries for the new date? Did not receive a confirmation email or anything back in December, so not sure if they got my entry.
will they make a Sonic 2 at Sage romhack? (Like how they did with Sonic 1 and it had customizable music)