Nobody knows if Monday Links is alive or not. Sometimes is just kinda pops up again, while at other times it just kinda seems to have died into obscurity. Some wonder if Monday Links was ever truly alive for the past year or so, as it only sometimes kinda popped up and then disappeared again for who knows how long. Others just don’t care cause really why would you you probably normally don’t even look at the front page and just go straight to the wiki or forums you jerk. >:(
Anyway, these Monday Links articles usually takes quite a bit of time to make so I’m gonna trim them up a bit from now on. From now on it’ll focus more on Sonic and less on SEGA in general. If you want to see the latest SEGA news and cool SEGA features, you should go visit SEGAbits. Those guys do a pretty damn good job covering all things SEGA and really I’m just wasting time linking all the stuff they put up there when you can just visit their site.
Also I’ll probably use more Space Dandy gifs.
Sonic Retro stuff
- Ell678 put together a trailer and a couple of new screenshots for his snazzy looking 2.5D fangame Sonic Incursion. [I guess people really like to use Tenderoni for Sonic trailers]
- The people working on Sonic 2 HD now put up a time lapse video of the new end level pose animation. [Cause who doesn’t like a cool end level pose?]
- Andrew75 is still updating his impressive Sonic X-treme inspired fangame Project AXSX. [Go take a look]
- S0LV0 has started a development blog on the stuff she’s doing for the Sonic Generations Unleashed Project mod. [Yup, work is still being done on that]
- SonLVL now has support for Chaotix object layouts. [Admittedly I’ve never used it before but it sounds like a neat addition]
- Here’s our first look at the Sonic X-treme OpenGL port [Holy shit you guys it’s Sonic X-treme]
- A Sonic remix album called Spindash is out now for ten bucks on various digital platforms. [Officially licensed by SEGA]
- No, Sonic’s not going to be mobile and PC only. SEGA of America is gonna have a huge re-structure but that’s not gonna affect any Sonic games Sonic Team or whatever has in production. SEGA is gonna push mobile and PC games harder (which they’ve already been doing), but they’re not gonna stop making console games. It’s still bad news of course, but not as bad as some make it out to be. [Not really Sonic related but it’s a rumor that needs to be cleared up]
- This anime fighting game called Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax that has a Green Hill Zone stage will be getting a western release. [So it’s still Sonic related I guess]
- We thought that we’d get to see what Sonic Runners looks like last month but we didn’t. [😐]
- Monty Oum, animator known for his work on RWBY, Red vs. Blue and internet classics like Haloid and Dead Fantasy, has passed away. [Rooster Teeth]
- Former Joystiq editor and Weekend Confirmed podcastor Andrew Yoon passed away as well [gamesindustry.biz]
- This Platinum Games recruitment video gives a heartwarming look at the work that’s done there. [They’re one of my favorite game development studios for a reason]
Video of the Week
Good to see that monday links is back.
about time. Your front page has been hungry for news for weeks.
What the Sonic Runners trailer basically meant to me: “Hey guys! Remember that timeless Genesis-style gameplay that you all used to love? Those were good times. NOW HERE’S SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! AGAIN!”
Oh well, hopefully Tails and Knuckles will be able to fly and glide…because Sonic Boom even deprived us of that.