So due to me completely screwing up my sleep schedule while having a week long vacation last week (gotta stay up til 3 AM man), I only had a couple of hours of sleep today because I couldn’t just wake up at 1PM like I usually do when I don’t have any obligations. So apologies if this week’s Monday Links has terrible writing and/or spelling mistakes. Maybe I’ll mix up the words “then” and “than” again, maybe I’ll accidentally put a Tegra link in the Sega links, maybe I’ll fall asleep on the keyboard anfdsniodfsoNOFDSNOINDVGOIVBDSNJaacnbsadvbiouAUIOFDFNVXZSNF
- SEGAbits had a podcast with an interview with Sonic Boom producer Stephen Frost. Of course everyone else and their mom had interviews with Stephen Frost as well but we were first so pfft [Swingin’ Report Show]
- Barry the Nomad looks at the past redesigns of Sonic the Hedgehog in this installment of the Weekly Five [Because Sonic redesigns are cool again]
- Here’s a new show: This is Saturn by TrackerTD. This first episode looks at Fighters Megamix [Because SEGA Saturn will always be cool]
- The Sonic Boom hype train keeps on going with this new Behind the Scenes video that shows off some behind the scenes stuff [Like behind the scenes videos usually do]
- All of these upcoming Persona games are coming to the US, we don’t know yet when they’ll be released in Europe though [I’d import all of these but I can’t import Persona Q cause 3DS isn’t region free 🙁 ]
- Nintendo is shutting down online features of all Wii and DS games, which includes SEGA games [DIGITAL FUTURE]
- SEGA of Japan got a new president [I honestly have no idea what this means right now]
- A couple of Virtua Fighter characters appear as bosses in Degenki Bunko Fighting Climax [Aka Japanese fighting game that will never be localized]
- Here’s a Japanese commercial for Hero Bank [Japan sure is wacky or something]
- Twitch Plays Pokémon has completed Pokémon Red and has gone on to Pokémon Crystal [Twitch Continues to Play Pokémon]
- Gabe Newell is going to do a Reddit AMA later today [LEFT 4 DEAD 3 LEFT 4 DEAD 3 LEFT 4 DEAD 3]
- Crash Mania has found new info and gameplay footage of a cancelled Crash Team Racing game [Wait that’s a good redesign go away good redesign]
Video of the Week
Speaking of Video of the Week, I have made a playlist which will feature all the silly videos that are featured on Monday Links for your entertainment.
Still no news about that Sonic movie? I know it’s not been confirmed yet but with both Ratchet & Clank and Sly Cooper getting movies I can’t help but feel it’ll be connected to Sonic Boom somehow!
One thing I don’t get though, in the Sonic Boom concept pic, why do Sonic’s spikes look so smooth “like the should be” rather than what we saw in the trailer?
Because it’s concept art. It was probably drawn while they were still working on his Sonic Boom design, so everything in it isn’t necessarily final. For example: Knuckles wears pants in one of the released concept arts.
Did you guys get the link I sent to you guys on facebook and twitter? the one about the console war book and movie?
I didn’t, but I already linked to the story last week: https://www.sonicretro.org/2014/02/monday-links-sage-lives-edition/