While I usually wouldn’t link to petitions for video games on Monday Links, this one has actually been acknowledged by SEGA and has a chance of resulting in something happening, so I’ll let this one slide. If you want to let SEGA know that you want games like Bayonetta, Vanquish, Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown, Valkyria Chronicles and other such games on PC, go support it. In other news: enough stuff happened in the past week for me to do a Monday Links. So here goes:
- We need more Dreamcast title screens for the SEGA Retro wiki, so please help out if you can. [Remember that SEGA wiki we have]
- We also need more Saturn title screens for the same reason, so if possible please help out with that as well. [Pretty please]
- SEGAbits posted a bunch of articles about the awesome Mega Drive game Ristar. [Like this one, this one, this one, this one, this one and also this one]
- Remember when SAGE was still a thing? Well, it still is. SAGE 2014 Act 1 will start February 23rd. [Also not just for games now]
- My Life With SEGA kills some time on the SEGA Genesis with [Time Killers]
- Sonic Team’s upcoming Puyo Puyo and Tetris cross-over game has gotten a new trailer. [Japan-only®]
- The indie Dreamcast shmup Redux: Dark Matters is being shipped to Kickstarter backers. [The Dreamcast refuses to die]
- Another indie Dreamcast shmup called NEO XYX has gone gold. [Shmups refuse to die]
- Like mentioned above, fans are petitioning for PC releases of SEGA games. [Here’s the NeoGAF thread with more info]
- Normal Boots is back with new episodes of JonTron, Peanut Butter Gamer, Continue? and other Youtube gaming shows people actually seem to like instead of hate. [Unless people hate every Youtube gaming show]
- The fantastic looking game Shovel Knight has a release date and a new trailer. [Coming March 31st]
- This trailer for this game called Jazzpunk is… uh… [It’s a trailer I guess]
Video of the Week
I’m a bit late to the party. Some people are still making new games for Dreamcast? Amazing.
On a related note: Is such a process possible for older consoles (e.g., creating a brand-new game for Genesis/Mega Drive, in cartridge format)?
Yeah its possible! There’s Battle Kid on the NES, and Pier Solar on the Genesis/Mega Drive!
I would love to see Dr. Robotnik’s/Eggman’s Mean Bean Machine as DLC for Puyo Tetris, provided it gets ported to America.