Because only the American release date of a console matters, people decided that today is the 14th anniversary of the Dreamcast. And to celebrate this on Sonic Retro is me: the one staff member that didn’t even know about the Dreamcast until it was already dead! Or you can just take a look at the things SEGAbits is doing, that might also be a viable option. Also we might stream something later today.
- We had some fun with Ruby! [Ground breaking PAX coverage]
- Bartman wrote a preview about Heroki [Actual PAX coverage]
- The latest Swingin’ Report Show features former Official Dreamcast Magazine and Gamespot writers [SEGAbits]
- Phantasy Star Nova was announced at a Japanese Sony press conference today for the Playstation Vita and is being developed by tri-Ace (known for Star Ocean and Resonance of Fate) [SEGAbits]
- Another likely Japan-only game, Yakuza Ishin is coming to the PS3 and PS4 [Youtube]
- A new trailer of Hero Bank was released [Also Japan-only]
- SEGA has some new hardware named Nu, and the first game to use it is Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone [Siliconera]
- The Creative Assembly got Extra Credits to do a video series about Roman history for Total War: Rome II [Youtube]
- The Castle of Illusion remake was released on XBLA, PSN and [Steam]
- Sony announced the PSVita TV, a budget-priced home console version of the PSVita [Destructoid]
- The second season of Legend of Korra starts this week apparently
- Wayforward started a Kickstarter for their new Shantae game [Kickstarter]
Video of the Week
What the hell has it been thinking about for 14 years?
It’s untimely demise?
Love that cake!
Good to see Monday links back
Oh joy! The next season of Korra begins airing this week! I had nearly forgotten, Thank you for the reminder TimmiT! 😀