Okay, even I wasn’t sure of what would happen on the release of Aliens: Colonial Marines when I wrote my initial preview of the game. If you’re a PC user, you could look over some fixes and patches a dedicated community is looking into. A real unfortunate turn out for a game that’s been in development for over six years. Either way, it’s a
Monday Tuesday which we put off for a week, but word is still mum in the world of video games, which will change shortly. Until then, here are a few things that are worth your attention.
- User reassembler has ported Yu Suzuki’s classic arcade title Outrun to C++ under the name… [Cannonball]
- User Hezman introduces a new camera system in Sonic Classic 2. [Youtube]
- Nicalis has picked up The 90’s Arcade Racer to publish on Wii U. [Computer & Video Games]
- GeneHF mixes a Transformed/Sonic R mash-up of Back in Time. [Jammin’]
- David also continues to take you Back in Time…or forward in time to Mobius 25 Years Later with part 16! [Ken Penders]
Colonial Marines & SEGA News
- A user on Reddit claims to be a tester for the game and gives a lowdown on some of the shadier things to happen during the game’s development. Though at this time, take it with a grain of salt. [VG247]
- Colonial Marines pays homage to a popular Sega franchise [Youtube]
- We did tell you the PC version of Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed is out now, right? [Steam]
- Well there are a few things broke with it, and Steve Lycett needs your help testing the new fixes. [Steam]
- Also the Outrun Bay track with Metal Sonic will be available for PC users tomorrow for purchase […oh yeah, Steam]
- We also told you that the 3DS version of Transformed is out too? [SEGA Blog]
- SEGA of Japan produces a line of laptops featuring designs based on their console hardware [Joystiq]
- Congratulations to Freedom Planet for a successful Kickstarter. They also set up a separate PayPal account if you still wish to donate to the project. [Freedom Planet]
- Persona 4 Golden should be available in Europe this week. [Vita has the Best Game]
- A good friend of mine recently published her book on Amazon through their Kindle service named “One out of Five Items that Adeline Stein Left on the Bus on the Way to the Zoo.” [Amazon]
Video of the Week
If the Sega branded laptops couldn’t get a front page post, they should have at least been included here.
Good call on that. Fixed that post-haste.
Who knows what that cartoon still is from?
LOL. Is he actually showing us the level layout? What year is this 1991?