Sorry for the delay! As you can see above, the VOD of the RAGE 2019 livestream is up and ready for your viewing pleasure! We’ve got plenty of nominations and the winner of the Really Amateur Games Expo 2019, so without further ado, hit the jump for our recommendations and the link to the pack of games itself. Continue Reading
Above is the VOD from last week’s livestream of RAGE 2018, and what a stream it was! Per usual, we ran into technical difficulties, played some awful games, and had a blast going through each and everyone of your entries. While there can be only one winner, we want to give special accommodations to several games and above all, a big thank you to anyone who submitted or watched the stream! Without further ado, hit the jump to see the highlights, the winner of RAGE 2018, and of course, the pack containing every game for your own enjoyment. Continue Reading
RAGE (Really Amateur Game Expo) is, bar none, the greatest online convention in the history of the internet.
What is RAGE?
RAGE is a kind of, but not really, game jam, where creators can compete to produce the worst, goofiest fan game possible using whatever tools at their disposal. RAGE has always prided itself in having some of the worst games to ever exist, and we plan on continuing that tradition again this year. You can read more about RAGE on the wiki!
Are there like, rules or something?
You mean guidelines?
• Games need to stick to the theme, this is the most important requirement to note.
• Submissions need to be in by 11:59 pm CST on Friday, February 2nd.
• Send all RAGE submissions to [email protected]; submissions before January 28th will not be accepted.
• Games should really only be 5 – 10 minutes long. We’re not looking for an epic here.
• Feel free to use any engine/platform/program you like, just make sure it’ll run on modern day systems!
• If you don’t have something on hand, there’s trials of several commonly used programs, as well as free versions. Less experience might even help you here!
• Have fun with it! Sure you’re shooting for bad, but you’re wanting to make funny bad, like The Room or Birdemic of video games. (In other words, you’re aiming for humor, not just garbage.)
We’ll announce the theme of the game on January 28th. You have a short time to create and submit your game between there, so get ready to get crackin’! In the past, RAGE has been entirely for bragging rights (if you’re into that sort of thing) and making comical abominations. That’s all good and fun, but once again, we’re announcing a grand prize for RAGE’s first place winner:
A $50 Amazon Gift Card*!
We’ll be holding a livestream where we’ll play through every RAGE submission on the SAGExpo YouTube on Saturday, February 3rd at 7:00pm CST. Shortly thereafter, the RAGE site will go live so you too can witness the whiteness, with the RAGE winner announced on February 7th.
Brush up on your game making skills… or don’t! Either way, RAGE is back!
*Or your country’s equivalent of $50USD, should the winner be outside of the U.S.