No longer a sub domain to Sonic Stuff Research Group, the Sonic Hacking Contest website launched on it’s own domain at http://sonichacking.org and it’s live right now along with your opportunity to submit your hacks for the event!
The stakes are going to be higher for everyone this year with the introduction of new quality control measures and newly split trophy requirements. If you are not participating, you can always hit up our forums to talk about the contest in this thread here. Are there any entries you’re excited to see? To bring you up to speed with the goings on with the contest hit the jump to check out some things to make note of.
- Submission deadline is extended to the 29th of October.
- Entries have a period of time for polish until the 5th of November.
- The unjudged hack expo deadline is set for the 12th of November. These will be featured on the site but are not eligible for trophies.
- The contest week will be on the 20th through the 26th of November to account for the release of Sonic Forces.
- Sonic Mania mods may only be submitted for the hack expo.
- You will need to create a dedicated Hacking Contest account to enter.
- The account requires a full forum account from Sonic Retro or SSRG to enter. Otherwise you will have to contact the team with your SHC username, forum account handles
- Sending an Email to shc[@]sonicresearch[.]org
- Send a PM to @shcontest on Twitter
- PM a contest judge on Sonic Retro or SSRG with your account
- This site would have appeared last year, but due to difficulties and time constraints it did not go live until this year!
The Sonic Hacking Contest is a yearly event run by both Sonic Retro and Sonic Stuff Research Group for individuals and teams to enter and show off their current projects or for entries made for the contest itself. Mods and hacks can range from Sonic 1 through Sonic Generations which covers a wide range of game platforms. Entries are judged by a panel and are given chances to win trophies by meeting certain criteria.