Slingerland is away this week, as he’s too busy being awesome or something. In the meanwhile, we still need some Monday Links, so let’s go!
Sonic Retro News
- Perfect Chaos Zero responds to a thread of old fan game nostalgia by…dropping hundreds of old, forgotten fan games on us for download. [Sonic Fan Games (The older ones)]
- FraGag released a port of the KENS compression/decompression libraries to C# for use on the SVN. S2LVL just got even more awesome. [KENSSharp]
- Another week, another art tease from the Sonic 2 HD team. This time around, we get a look at the Tails design. [Sonic 2 HD General Project Feedback]
- The annoying Asteroid Coaster Act 2 is made…less annoying with this walkthrough [SEGA Blogs]
- Phantasy Star Online 2‘s specs have been released; alpha registration is available for select groups. [SEGAbits]
- Activision and SEGA team up to make Wappy, a robotic dog that interfaces with the Nintendo DS. [CNET]
- Editor E-102 has been working pretty diligently this week to document what Wave Master musician composed what tracks from various Sega games. [SEGA Retro]
- Troll dads are the best dads: in this case, with a two-story snowman. [Reddit]
- “Spent”: Because playing how broke you are really isn’t all that fun. [Urban Ministries of Durham]
- Maniacal baby goes on destructive rampage, Internet falls in love. [The Awl]
docfuture (of Sonic 1 Easy Mode fame) is back to remind us just how many black people were on Friends.